Coach Job Profile
Team Member / Coach
(As of January, 2018, hiring for SATURDAY Coaches)
Ideal Protein is a medically-designed protocol intended to help clients lose weight while rebalancing their metabolism.
We seek a part-time Ideal Protein Coach/Team Member. Individuals with personal success on the Ideal Protein protocol – especially with Ideal Northwest, in particular, will be given priority. Alternative/equivalent* personal weight loss and maintenance success will also be considered.
- Learn and conduct Orientations for prospective clients.
- Learn and conduct Health Screenings and Initial Intakes for new clients.
- Learn Protocol and provide support for dieters.
- At weekly Weigh-In appointments, weigh, measure and record data for client progress. Review food journal, advise client on any needed changes, answer questions and provide support for overcoming challenges.
- Review health profile and chart regularly and ensure any needed follow ups with medical providers are completed. Keep excellent notes on client progress.
- Become familiar with foods and recipes and assist clients in exploring options for variety.
- Using FullSlate, organize, optimize and be responsible for your own schedule.
- Recruit new dieters by asking current clients for referrals, creating content regularly for our Facebook page and blog.
- Cross-train on reception, order processing, team email, phones and administrative tasks.
- Occasionally back up for other coaches or fill in for reception/ordering when other staff are out. Strong team player.
- Operate Point of Sale system and cash register.
Schedule, pay and benefits:
- Saturdays from approx 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. with additional shifts available as we grow.
- Growth Track: advance to Lead Coach and/or manage a satellite clinic (with profit sharing).
- Pay ranges from $15/hr during Training Period, $17.50+ for ongoing coaching (depending on skills, experience and performance).
- Part-time = no sick or vacation pay, but includes EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT on all products and bonuses for referral generation and growing the client base.
- A wonderful, caring, supportive environment where you change people’s lives for the better every day!
Required Hard Skills:
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills – reliable and always on time!
- Strong computer skills, especially with the latest versions of Windows and Office (2016)
- Accuracy with numbers.
Required Soft Skills:
- Empathy and an ability to communicate genuine care and concern for clients.
- Kindness. Integrity. A heart to serve.
- Ability to bond rapidly with new people.
- Upbeat, energetic, social, encouraging, engaging and inspiring!
- Able/happy to lead discussions and present to small groups
- Excellent boundaries, able to set limits and hold others accountable.
- Attention to detail – a quality of meticulousness.
- Professional demeanor, wardrobe and appearance.
- Team player who loves to pitch in and help
- A sense of humor
- Personal growth oriented.
- Able to work independently and enthusiastically – often as the only staff member onsite, but with lots of virtual support and consultation available.
- Noticeable personal authority and confidence.
- An interest in and enthusiasm for human biology and metabolism.
- A passion for personal growth (seminars, workshops, books, counseling, etc.)
- An avid reader and researcher - especially related to habits, addiction and personal change
- Prior (or current) weight loss experience with Ideal Protein – preferably at our clinic.
- Background in counseling or coaching in another field: mental health, medical, nursing, etc.
- Experience in customer service, support, advocacy.
Send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume (as .pdf)
- Cover Letter