Judie's "Crack" Slaw
a.k.a. a startlingly delicious cabbage/protein casserole)
Note: serves 2 (count as 3 cups veggies) or serves 3 (count as 2 cups veggies)
- 1 lb lean ground beef, chicken, turkey or your favorite protein
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil (serves 2-3)
- Half a large head of cabbage, shredded or chopped (about 4-5 cups)
- 5 or 6 green onions, chopped
- 5-6 Sweet baby red yellow and orange peppers, sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1-2 tsp low sodium soy sauce (to taste)
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar (no sugar)
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 2 tsp Lemon grass paste
- 1/2 TBS + drizzle of Braggs liquid aminos
- Franks red hot sauce
Brown the protein in a nonstick pan with salt, onion powder and garlic powder. Drain off the fat and remove to a bowl.
Put the sesame oil in the pan and add the peppers, celery and cabbage. Cook and stir over medium heat until cabbage is wilted and tender. Season the cabbage with the remaining seasonings, soy sauce, amino acids and vinegar. Add the meat and stir. Heat through and serve.
Top with drizzles of aminos and Franks red hot sauce! (These really make it come alive)
Makes two very generous servings or2 + some leftovers. This is good warm or cold!
Note: measurements are all approximate since Judie didn't have exact #s. If anyone thinks they should be adjusted, please let us know and we will fix it. :)