Our Protein-Optimized, Low-Carb Plans
Ideal Protein: medically developed, ketogenic weight loss method.
- Ideal Protein was originally developed over 2 decades ago by Dr. Tran Tien Chanh who focused his career and research on nutrition with a particular emphasis on the treatment of obesity and obesity related issues.
Evolve: A science-based, ketogenic protocol - individually tailored for your metabolic type.
- EVOLVE can be customized to use Optimized Protein Meal Replacements, Whole Foods, Hypo-Allergenic Proteins, and much more.
- EVOLVE was developed by Sherene Kershner at Ideal Northwest in consultation with Certified Nutritionists, Naturopathic and other physicians!
Understanding The Cause of Weight Gain Will Help You Conquer it
An overproduction of insulin may lead to hypoglycemia or low glycemia, which in turn may induce constant sugar cravings and weight gain. One of Insulin’s primary functions is to regulate blood sugar levels, however, it is also the hormone that facilitates the transport of fat (triglycerides) into the fat cells. Even worse, it "locks" the fat into the fat cell, preventing it from being used as a source of energy. Now, because the blood sugar has dropped (and we can’t access the fat as a fuel source) it creates "sugar cravings' and the vicious cycle begins again. In other words, an over abundance of insulin can cause weight gain.
The body employs energy from three reserves: glycogen (carbohydrate), protein and fats. First the body depletetes its simple and complex carbohydrate reserves and then turns simultaneously to its protein and fat reserves for energy. When the body is burning fat for energy, it is in a ketogenic state. A person not in need of weight loss typically has approximately 1-2% of their body's reserves from carbs, approximately 19% from their muscle mass and 79% of their body reserves from fat.
The body stores approximately three days worth of carbohydrates, therefore, our protocol restricts sugars (simple and complex) until 100% of your weight loss goal is achieved. Why? As long as sugar is being consumed, your body may not be burning fat. Remember, the first source of energy is derived from glycogen (carbohydrate) reserves. The core principle of a Ketogenic Protocol is to deplete the glycogen reserves completely in order to compel the body into a ketogenic state, consuming its fat reserve to burn calories.
Our Methods and What To Expect
- No matter which Protocol you choose, you'll experience structured weight loss with support for muscle mass;An understanding of how food affects and is utilized by the body, including what causes weight re-gain;Weekly one-on-one accountability, education and guidance;Personalized approach to setting weight loss goals, based on your health profile and body composition;Losing weight can improve blood sugar, cholesterol levels and reduce blood pressure.MAINTAIN WEIGHT: Once you reach your goal, it is VERY important to transition properly into Maintenance.
- The journey does not end when the weight loss stops!Our Maintenance Protocol teaches you how to recreate your eating habits;You'll graduate with a personal maintenance plan suited to your unique life, schedule, and preferences;Customized for frequent travel, families with kids, long work hours, great cooks or novices, whatever you need;You'll know exactly how to join the small, elite group of people who actually keep their weight off for life!